Tarjimly is a Facebook Messenger bot that connects volunteer translators (like you!) to refugees & immigrants in dire need of translation services, to speak with doctors, aid workers, & legal representatives, to name a few.
Tarjimly alerts translators of requests that are routed to fit them. If they are available, the connection is instantly made for them to enter a secure, anonymous conversation (text, audio notes, video, etc).
Refugees can choose specifically what they want to share & rate their session at the end.
ترجملي هي خدمة لوصل اللاجئين والعاملين معهم بمترجمات متطوعين حول العالم في دقائق لمساعدتهم في احتياجات الترجمة مباشرةً! هدفنا مساعدة النازحين واللاجئين في التواصل مع الأطباء، المحامين، او العاملين في المخيمات.
ترجملي تبحث لك عن المترجم المناسب لتوصلك به في غضون دقائق. بمجرد الوصول الى المترجم نوصلك به في محادثة تضمن لك درجة عالية من الخصوصية والامان. ليس لدى المترجم اي من معلوماتك الشخصية
We just sent you a Facebook message with information about next steps.
أرسلنا لك رسالة على الفيسبوك لتبدأ الاستخدام
1) What languages does Tarjimly support?
Tarjimly is currently available in English, Arabic, Farsi, and Pashto. We're working to connect more languages so we can help more people, but translators can sign up today for any language.
2) I registered but I'm receiving few translation requests?
Tarjimly routes the best translators to requests based on your profile and session feedback. Make sure you update your translator profile in the bot, rate after sessions, and help us get more people in need to send requests to the bot!
3) Is Tarjimly safe and secure?
Tarjimly connections are anonymous. The only thing we share between the Translator and Refugee is their first names and Translators agree to best safety practices. It's up to the participants to share whatever they like.
4) How will you ensure quality & vet translators?
1) Self-reported proficiency & experience level, as well as evaluations after every session that will help us bump up better translators.
2) Testing and scoring new translators with the demo that gives an objective baseline.
3) Feedback system & random, aggregate, anonymous conversation analysis for quality.
4) If there's any frustration between translator/translatee, either can end the conversation and ping again to be connected to another person immediately.
5) Can I signup if I can't write in a language's script, only the English script?
Yes, but it usually depends on the language. For example, many refugees write and read Urdu in the English script as well as the Urdu script. Combined with voice notes, you may want to consider still signing up so long as you're confident speaking.
6) I'm just getting a loading circle when I click Send to Messenger?
You need to enable Facebook Platforms or try a browser that's not Internet Explorer or Firefox.